Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals. We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers and Data Scientists. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the ‘Top 10 Most Innovative Companies’ in 2018 by Fast Company. We aim to train 200,000+ knowledge workers through market-driven education in emerging markets by 2030.
Our Mission and Product Vision
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
The vision for our products are to transform the talent landscape in Africa with world-class software engineers and software-savvy professionals.
What you will do
- Lead and facilitate the entire research process on new opportunity discovery as well as inputs for current product iterations.
- Conduct ongoing market research (qualitative and quantitative) to determine key digital industry trends and market changes.
- Work very closely with stakeholders in the digital industry to build and harness ecosystem relationships.
- Preparing reports on market trends, digital sector changes, and outcomes as inputs into the Product development cycle.
- Owns an up to date ‘single source of truth’ Industry and Market data sources, which Moringa can utilize.
- Collaborate with Functional teams to understand gaps and be the voice of the market.
- Collaborate in the Product team to problem solve, rationalize and prioritize requirements that feed into the Product roadmap.
Who You Are
- 3+ years working in a product management/market research capacity, specifically for market-facing products.
- Detail-oriented and curious with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of product management processes and tools.
- Exceptional writing skills and communication skills.
- Learning mindset: a thirst for learning new information, knowledge and honing your craft.
- Metrics-focused: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and make decisions.
- Will live and breath Moringa’s mission and vision. Will communicate what Moringa does with a passion to others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing Product priorities.
- Preferable: East and Southern Africa Experience.
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa School, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews.
We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How to Apply